Organized play with double header Saturdays at 9 AM or 11:45 AM. Venue is at Moffett Field / NASA Ames Research Facility (note, you will need to show ID before you can enter the base). Seven Teams are formed to enable a balance of skills. Every few months new teams are chosen. Click here for Saturday Schedule and Rosters.
Players, there has been too much trouble getting the Saturday early games started, so we are going to try this slightly more regulated system. Players need to follow the rules below. BE ON TIME. Ric Ferras will be helping the commissioners, in organizing whether we combine fields or not.
1. Managers poll their teams during the week to learn player availability.
2. Players report to their respective assigned field before 8:50 a.m. Bucket players report to the stands behind home plate at field 2.
3. Players who are in transit but will be late notify their manager via phone.
4. Managers and commissioner take a count on each field, considering players in transit.
5. Managers and commissioner decide whether to combine teams.
6. Managers and commissioner determine the combination, using bucket players. Players may be moved from their own teams.
7. Latecomers are assigned where needed (which may not be to their own team).
8. Play ball!
BASIC RULES OF PLAY
Vintage Softball has a number of special rules designed for its 50-and-over membership to ensure safe and fair play. Please refer to the below rules and our handbook for for details
In this section, you’ll find the most important of these rules. You are encouraged to familiarize yourself with the rules, as they will affect your decisions in base running, batting, and fielding.
As a member of the Vintage Softball Club of Santa Clara County, members agree that when participating in club activities they will:
Substitutions: Pinch Runners
When umpires are not provided:
When umpires are provided:
In addition, these rules apply to the fun league only:
A. A pinch runner from home does not have to stop at first base.
B. A player may serve as a pinch runner an unlimited number of times per inning.
C. Use of a pitching screen is mandatory.
D. Any infielder may play on the outfield grass for safety reasons.
E. A team behind by more than five runs is not restricted to five runs per half inning until they tie the score.